LEARN MORE. GO DEEPER.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE COURSE THAT STARTS FEBRUARY 16TH, 2019. TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL ILONA AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcend your present understanding of yoga and take your career and personal practice to new heights. We invite you to join our 300-hour Advanced Teacher Training. Taken with your existing 200-hour certification, you will qualify for RYT 500 designation with Yoga Alliance. Our goal is to provide a program and community to help you succeed—in your sadhana, in your studies, and in your calling as a yoga teacher. Both now and as an on-going network and collaboration.
INCREASE YOUR VALUE
As the yoga community matures and its population grows, experienced teachers are in higher demand than ever. There is a growing need for teachers able to deliver more than what a 200-hour certification can offer. You will study with a variety of masterful teachers and approaches, including the most experienced teachers at Peachtree Yoga and other specialized presenters.
Our Atlanta location and weekend format gives you the opportunity to study close to home and integrate your studies between meetings “off the mat” in your own classes and daily life.
RAISE THE BAR
Add appeal to your teaching with fresh ideas for all levels. Join with a group of fellow yoga teachers to teach from and learn from each other. Learn how to tailor your teaching to create healing, balance, wholeness for your students.
CONSOLIDATE, APPLY, ACTUALIZE
- Co-teach classes at Peachtree Yoga, offering hands-on assists along with Staff Teachers. Receive feedback. Deepen observation and hands-on skills.
- Attend and teach small group classes to other course participants, providing and receiving feedback on your teaching.
- Teach co-participants focusing on a specified theme, issue or chakra, or family of poses, etc.
- Have your class videotaped and receive detailed feedback from course leader and other participants.
Through this course you’ll refine your skills as a yoga “generalist” and will expand as a teacher and a yoga “specialist”. To this end, you’ll research a common injury/physical issue and will deliver a detailed presentation to the group, including a sample practice. Also, you’ll learn how to work one-on-one with a client – from assessment through practice through feedback – addressing injury/illness/physical issues.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR EXPERIENCE
For two decades, Peachtree Yoga Center has validated and certified more yoga teachers than any other yoga school in the state. And more have opened up their own studios.
This is an opportunity to deepen and continue the exploration and personal development began in your 200-hour course. As teachers, our own practice is at the core of what we share.
HERE’S SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Foundational Principles of Teaching
- Study & Experience of Yoga Philosophy – Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Pathology for Yoga Teachers
- Postural Analysis and Range-of-Motion Assessment
- Subtle Anatomy – Chakras, Koshas, Doshas
- Subtle Body Exploration & Energy Work
- Ayurvedic Principles
- Ayurvedic Cleanse appropriate to All Levels
- Advanced Pranayama Practices
- Theory and Guidelines for Teaching Pranayama
- Deepening Your Meditation Practice
- Advanced Hands-On Understanding, Techniques & Practice
- Advanced Sequencing & Theming
- Theory & Practice of Yin Yoga
- Practicing/Teaching Advanced Asanas
- Principles & Structure of Restorative Yoga & Full Restorative Practice
- Partner Yoga Principles & Practice
- New Tricks For Your Yoga Props
- Teaching Chair Yoga
- Introduction to Teaching Yoga to Kids
- Pre-Natal Yoga Practice – Guidelines for Teachers
- Empower Your Voice for Teaching
- A support group of creative, interesting and dedicated peers
February 16 – 17, 2019
March 16 – 17
April 13 – 14
May 11 – 12
June 8 – 9
July 13 – 14
August 10 – 11
September 14 – 15
October 12 – 13
November 9 – 10
December 7 – 8
January 11 – 12
Most weekends will be held at the Peachtree Yoga Center on Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Program Tuition – $3,850, if paid in full prior to the course start date.
Payment plan option – $3,995.00 spread over the duration of the course.
$395 deposit required before the start of the course.
*There may be additional costs for housing and meals during the meditation retreats, which are optional.